OUR CURRICULUM, VISION AND VALUES
Our Early Years Policy 2022
Please click here for our Early Years Policy
Vision and Aims
At Ferndale Primary School we aim to:
- Ensure that every student has a happy and positive start to their academic career so that they can build a strong foundation for a love of learning and progress socially, physically, cognitively, and emotionally.
- Ensure that all children receive the teaching, encouragement, and opportunities they need to reach the Early Learning Goals outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum.
- Give children the knowledge and skills they need to meet the "expected" level of development in each of the seven areas covered by the 2021 EYFS curriculum and attain a Good Level of Development.
- Promote the growth of independence in a comfortable and secure environment.
- Support children in forming relationships by helping them acquire social skills like sharing and cooperation.
- Develop a love of learning and create lasting memories by providing real purposes for learning and supporting children to develop essential life skills.
- Provide real life, hands-on experiences and encourage children to take safe risks to develop their knowledge and understanding.
- Provide language enriched learning enabling children to understand and share their knowledge confidently.
- Celebrate the various characteristics that make each person unique and encourage mutual respect.
- Identify the learning needs of all children and make adaptations to support them appropriately
- Collaborate with parents to address each child different needs to help them realise their greatest potential and ensure that home and school work effectively together.
- Promote good at behaviour in all environments and situations.
- Encourage children to feel motivated, confident and in control of their learning.