Information and Support during Home Learning
Please click here for guidelines from school when using Zoom for home learning.
Please click here for universal guidelines when using Zoom.
Please click here for a safety guide for using a webcam.
Please click here for E-safety support during lockdown.
E-safety is an integral part of children’s education in today’s digital world and is embedded in their learning at school. We also want to help our parents and children improve their own understanding of e-safety issues so they can learn to use the internet and all digital media in a safe and secure way.
As a parent, you'll know how important the internet is to children - they use it to learn, play, socialise and express themselves. It's a highly creative place of amazing opportunities. But the technology children use every day can seem a bit daunting and you might worry about the risks your child can face online - such as bullying, contact from strangers or the possibility of them seeing illegal or inappropriate content.
Here are some conversation starter ideas from www.childnet.com
- Ask your children to tell you about the sites they like to visit and what they enjoy doing online.
- Ask them about how they stay safe online. What tips do they have for you, and where did they learn them? What is OK and not OK to share?
- Ask them if they know where to go for help, where to find the safety advice, privacy settings and how to report or block on the services they use.
- Encourage them to help. Perhaps they can show you how to do something better online or they might have a friend who would benefit from their help and support.
- Think about how you use the internet as a family. What could you do to get more out of the internet together and further enjoy your lives online
To try and help parents with the fast moving and changing world of internet and social media we've suggested a few internet sites at the end of this page which are fantastic resources. They contain information on different types of social media and how to help keep children safe.
Privacy settings are an important part of keeping our young children safe and you can find out more information about them here.
As part of your child’s curriculum and the development of computer skills, we provide access to the internet only in adult supervised environments. We strongly believe that the use of the internet is hugely worthwhile and an essential tool for children as they grow up in the modern world. But because there are always concerns about children having access to undesirable materials, we have taken positive steps to deal with this risk in school. Our school internet access provider operates a filtering system that restricts access to inappropriate materials.
At the start of the school year, each class discusses how we can all stay safe online and the dangers we may face on the internet. This is then covered again through their computer lessons and Jigsaw lessons. As the children also use the Internet in other subjects to enhance and support their learning they are reminded about staying safe online before they begin.
Please click on the documents below for additional support and guidance.